This guide only applies to those models that support Geofence. If your model doesn’t support Geofence, the Geofence menu will not be available on the screen.
Step by Step:
- Log into our tracking application via a computer. It is recommended to use a computer. Smartphone version of our app doesn’t have this functionality. Although tablets may work, but it computer is easier given its larger screen.
- click geofence
- in the drop down menu, please click on “add a new geofence”. following guide will appear. Please go through it carefully. Then click on the red cross to close it.
- the main interface is the top sub menu (reset is to reset all points and start a new. cancel will exist the geofence mode, and return to menu); The +/- to the left is for zooming. You may also your wheel of your mouse to zoom in and out. Before you define the geofence, it is suggested to have the entire area within this screen, so that you don’t have to span back and forth while defining the area.
- click on the corners of the virtual area you are about to define. It is always a good idea to start with a 2 weeks worth of data from history, so you know how big of an area you want to define. Please note, the smaller your geofence is, the more likely you will get false alarms. This is due to the nature of the GPS technology. It gets interfered when inside of a building.
- click on the very first point you put down the map to close the area.
- when the area is defined, a submenu will drop allowing you to define more details. Give a short name, as this name will appear from Text message-based notification. The shorter the better.
- click on Save.